QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool
Intuit provides two QuickBooks Diagnostic Tools to check the network & integrity issue of QuickBooks file, for network issue “QuickBooks connection diagnostic tool” & for integrity issue “QuickBooks company file diagnostic tool”. You can easily solve many errors with the help of these tools and the best part is that you don't have to pay a single penny for these tools as they are free to download and use. We have discussed the tools throughout the article......
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool: This tool is designed to fix error that can occur when you open your company file in a multiuser environment. You can use QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool to fix network error like H202, H505 and 6000. The Diagnostic tool supports QuickBooks 2007 & later versions.
How to use it? To solve the error you first need to download the software and then run it on the same computer on which your company file is stored. Make sure that you run the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool on the server first, and then on the client computers. This way you will be able to determine the source of the error easily.
To run the tool:
- Exit QuickBooks on all the computer on the network.
- Download the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool and double click the Nettool.exe file to install the tool.
- Finally run the tool by double clicking on QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool icon.
QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool: This tool is designed by Intuit to resolve the problem that occurs in company file. The Diagnostic tool supports QuickBooks 2007 or later versions. It works on .QBW files only and helps in identifying following:
- QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool first identify the problem in the Company file and then repair it. It basically find and resolve errors that prevents you from opening your company file.
- The tool identifies a problem but won't able to solve it. In this case either restore your data from backup or try third party recovery tool.
- No problem is detect.
How to use it? To solve the problem, you first need to download the software and then run it on the same computer on which your company file is stored.
To run the tool:
- Download the tool.
- Install it on the same computer where your company file is store.
- Run the tool by double clicking on QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic Tool icon.