The main reasons behind this error are:
- System resources are low.
- Your QuickBooks installation is damaged.
- Conflict in some program.
Try below method if you can open a sample company file but not your original company file:
QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic tool: When QuickBooks won't open your company file then it might be possible that there is some network issue or Windows problem. QuickBooks Company File Diagnostic tool is designed to resolve such type of issues. So download the tool to fix your problem.
Try below steps if you cannot open both company file and sample company file
Rename the QBWUSER.INI file: Open Window Explorer and open one of the below folder:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\~username~\Local Settings\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
- Windows 7/Windows Vista: C:Users\~username~\App Data\Local\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
- Now open the folder and right click the QBWUSER.INI file to Rename it.
- To rename the file, enter “1” before the Q in QBWUSER.INI.
- Try to open QuickBooks.
Reboot.bat: It is important to run Reboot.bat file to re-register QuickBooks related files in Windows.
- Open the folder in which your Reboot.bat file is stored.
- Now right click Your QuickBooks file icon and select Properties-> Find target.
- Open the Reboot.bat file by double clicking it.
- Uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks: Sometime it is important to uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks to fix the damage issue in QuickBooks.